Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Es Muy Caliente en Riviera Maya

Drew and I got a late start today. He actually spent practically all morning sleeping. I think he woke up at 10:45 or 11:00. We decided to get up, get ready, and find someplace to eat lunch.
All of the girls who got ready with me Saturday morning know that I was doing laundry and dishes on my wedding day. It only seemed fair that Drew iron on his honeymoon. Haha!!

We decided to go back to Mundaca where they were having a lunch buffet. Nothing too spectacular for me. Drew enjoyed the chicken fajita things they made. We sat outside and had a gorgeous view of the ocean. I noticed a boat in the distance that had a pole coming off the side of it. Drew (attempted) to explain to me what a downrigger is. Something about your line 15o feet down and your bait going 30 feet out and trolling and some other stuff. Ya, I'll stick to my little red bobber if you don't mind.

Today was absolutely gorgeous here! Drew and I were trying to figure out what to do over lunch and I told him that I really wanted to lay out. We've been here three days and I've yet to get any sun. I told him that I couldn't go back home whiter than what I came here. People will think that we spent the entire time in the room. ;-)! We wandered around a little after lunch and then came back to the room to change into our suits. Then, we headed down to the pool. We decided to lay out by the ocean and I promptly started working on a tan.
I also discovered a delicious new drink!
It's called a Blue Lagoon and is made with lemonade, vodka, and blue curacao. Mmmmm!!! Delicioso!!!

After laying out for a couple hours, we got in some kayaks that they had by the water and paddled around in the water for a little bit. Drew said that it hurt his back (whiner), so that didn't last very long. We got back on dry land and decided to go shoot a game or two of pool. That's where I found this very cool toy:
The pawns come up to about my knees and the king piece comes close to my waist. It was a pretty nifty little set. I have no idea how to play chess, so we stuck with pool.

We both wanted to go to the Italian restaurant tonight for dinner. La Trattoria is located in the North Lobby and has a dress code. (Basically, men have to be in pants and a collared shirt.) We got all decked out in our fancies and trotted off to dinner.

By far, the best dinner of the trip. Actually, the best food of the trip. When we arrived at the restaurant, the hostess started to seat us and we walked by two rows of 4 or 5 servers and they all started clapping. Awww!!! How cute right?!?! Our server brought us a piece of pizza as an appetizer. I know, I know. Pizza, right! It was actually amazing. I loved it. There was bread and Drew ate most of that. I did try some round piece of bread that was pretty good, but would have been lots better with some butter. Drew got some kind of cream of leek and celery soup. Apparently leek is some kind of plant (Drew described it to me). So, he had plant and cardboard soup. Mmmm, delisioso, right?!?! Anyways, he liked it. I ordered something with a long name. It was basically a beef fillet with red wine and oyster mushrooms (yes, I ordered it without mushrooms in case you were wondering) and roasted potatoes.
Oh. My. Gosh. Soooo good!!!!! The meat was so delicious and tender and cooked perfectly. It's making my mouth water just thinking about it. Drew ordered lasagna.
Kinda weird looking if you ask me, but he said it was good. And judging by how quickly he ate it, it must have been.

Drew and I flagged someone down after dinner to take our picture. Enjoy!!
After dinner, we headed back to the room so that I could bundle up for the fire show tonight.

The fire show was pretty cool. Drew some pictures and videos, but the pictures are pretty blurry and I'm not sure how to put the videos on here. Not to mention that I'm on my honeymoon and am too lazy to try and figure it out.

No comments: