Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Day 2

I didn't take a picture yesterday, but these bracelets were placed on our wrists upon arrival. These bracelets must be worn at all times and allow for the all inclusive features of the resorts. Ours are pink because we're honeymooners. I have seen yellow, red, and green bracelets also. I don't know what those different colors mean though. I was also looking through some information and noticed a spot where it said that there would be a $75 fee to replace the bracelet if it gets lost or damaged. Are you kidding me?!?!



This morning, we awoke to the alarm going off. The alarm that we did NOT set. What time do you ask? 6:30 AM!!!! Ya, I wasn't a happy camper. And, of course, I couldn't figure out how to turn the darn thing off. Eventually, I did, and we went back to sleep. We woke up again about 8:40 AM. After laying there for a few moments, Drew said that he wished that breakfast would hurry up. (I had marked our card for breakfast to come between 9 and 9:30 AM.) Lo and behold, about 30 seconds later we hear a knock at our door. Our breakfast had arrived. It wasn't anything fantastic. The fruit was good, but other than that, it was kinda bad.



In all truthfullness, the food here has sucked. I have only had two things that I have actually liked; a roasted potato strip and ravioli. Those two items were for lunch this afternoon in El Greco. Otherwise, we've had room service and by the time we've gotten our food, it's been pretty cold. I sure am glad that I'm not paying for this food everytime I get it.



Drew and I got suckered into going to a membership presentation this morning at 11:30. It was only for an hour and a half and we got a $100 spa credit and 2 tickets to go swim with the dolphins for free. So, we sit and listen to Juan Pablo tell us about the resort and a whole bunch of junk. After talking to us for a little bit, he takes us to one of the Presidential Suites. I wish that Drew had grabbed some pictures of that because it was pretty nice. The Suite had two separate rooms with a really nice foyer, living room, kitchen, and dining room. The balcony.... Oh the balcony!!! It was huge!!! Here is a picture of the view from the Presidential Suite balcony.Pretty nice huh? Juan Pablo said that all the Suites have oceanviews. The view from this Suites was absolutely amazing!!



Then, Juan Pablo showed us the indoor gym. This is the indoor pool and jacuzzis.
Then, Juan Pablo took us to finish our presentation and try to sell us the membership. What a bunch of garbage. I mean, after basically laughing in their faces for the "first offer" that they gave us, the final offer would actually have been a decent deal. However, they didn't want to give you any time to talk about it. They wanted us to plunck down a bunch of money without really discussing it. Ya... right... that's not gonna happen. If Drew and I are going to make any big financial purchases, we discuss them for a little bit. In privacy, or over a meal, or think for a day or two. Not in a split second.


After our little presentation, we went to get some lunch. El Greco had a lunch buffet so we decided to try that. This is where I actually found something that I enjoy. This picture is a cute little hut thing. Not sure what it's used for, but, there were a bunch of them.
And we had a friend come visit us for lunch.
We went walking after lunch and explored the grounds a little bit.
I think that this is the Adventure Course that they have, but don't quote me on it. We just stumbled across a path and started to walk down it. There were a bunch of different obstacles that we kinda fun to play with.


You can't really read the sign too well, but it's a Spa Labyrinth. Apparently it's 2 km (whatever that is in miles) and it's supposed to be relaxing or something.


Drew and I got a couples massage with our $100 spa credit.
Oh, that was wonderful!! It has been a looooong time since I've had a massage. I, for whatever reason, have always been the one treating my significant other to massages and have never received any for myself. Since we booked a spa service, we were able to use the hydrotherapy room before or after our service. Drew and I went before. They have separate rooms for males and females. In there are lockers, showers, rooms to change, and so on. Then, you walk past a wall fountain and there is a large room with showers, steam showers, saunas, foot baths, jacuzzis, and chaise lounges for massages. It is very relaxing.
After our hydrotherapy, we went for our massage. We had two women come get us from our little sitting area. They took us downstairs and showed us to the room where we would be getting our rub down. Drew and I got undressed and he had to put on the most horrendous pair of disposable bikinis I have ever seen. They didn't have a prayer of fitting over his butt. Can I just state again how relaxing the massage was?

After our massage, Drew and I went back to the room and got ready for dinner. We decided to go to the steak house since they don't have a dress code. We had a few minutes to kill before the restaurant opened for dinner and I just so happened to make another friend.
Oh, he made me miss Simon!!! I wonder how he's doing.

Drew had a New York Strip for part of his dinner. It was quite tasty! Ok, so three things that I like now.
Drew and I went to the magic show that the resort had tonight. It was very entertaining. Now, we're just laying around the room, waiting for some room service. My goal is to sleep past 8:30 tomorrow. ::Reminds self to check alarm clock and make sure it's off::

No comments: