Sunday, October 17, 2010

An Ocean Sunrise

The alarm went off at 6 AM this morning. We were going to sit on the beach and watch the sunrise. If you want to see beauty that God creates, put watching an ocean sunrise on your list. Simply gorgeous! We got out to the beach at about 6:45. It was still pretty dark out. My ISO is amped up pretty high in this picture, so it looks lighter out than it actually was.
There was a man out there who was doing some early morning fishing.
Drew took the camera and started snapping some pictures while we were waiting for the sun to make an appearance.
This little bird had me cracking up. He would peck his little beak along the area where a wave came in looking for food. But, when a wave came back up on the shore, he would run as fast as his little legs would carry him away from the water. Once the water reached the furthest point it would go, he would go back to pecking his beak into the sand. So funny!
Here comes the sun!!!

And here is the point that the battery dies! Drew spent so much time playing around this morning, that by the time the sun came up, the battery was dead. Granted, I probably should have put the battery on the charger.

After watching the sunrise, we came back to the house to eat some breakfast. I was pretty crabby because I didn't get a lot of sleep, plus I had somehow gotten a splinter in the bottom of my foot yesterday. Lack of sleep + not being able to walk on my foot = crabby Tania. I felt bad being so pissy with Drew, so I went back to the bedroom to take a nap. I guess he fell asleep on the couch. I think it was about 9:30 that we laid down. Next thing I knew, I woke up and it was 12:30! Nap. . . check.

Drew was already awake and working on a puzzle that we've been working on. We got ready and went back to the beach to do some more swimming. The waves were pretty crazy today. Drew decided that he would show me how to boogie board. I strapped the board to my wrist and started to try to make my way out into the ocean. After drinking about a half gallon of ocean water, I was getting frustrated. Drew kept telling me to jump over the waves so that I could get further out to catch a wave. Yeah, sure. What he doesn't understand is that I'm way lighter than he is, so me jumping over the waves just causes them to pick me up and drag me back to shore. And me drinking a ton of saltwater in the process.

Once I had had enough drinking of the saltwater, I headed to shore. We decided to head over the pool and spend the time there. After an hour or so there, we came back to the cottage to get ready for dinner.

We got recommendations to go to Conchy Joe's for dinner, so we did. We ordered Alligator Tid Bits for an appetizer. Tastes just like chicken!
Drew ordered the Grouper for dinner, and I had Shrimp Scampi.

I thought that the food was good. It wasn't so good that we'll have to put it on our list of places that we must come back to, but it was good. When we were leaving, a band was playing more towards the front of the restaurant.
Tomorrow, we're going to a place called Lion Country Safari. Be prepared for a lot of pictures!!

No comments: