Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Good News for a Change

Have you ever dreaded something? Dreaded something so bad that you lost sleep over it, spent time leading up to that something sick with worry? And then that something turned out to be not nearly as bad as you expected it to be? Or better yet, turned out to be even better than you expected?

Well, that was my day today. Today, I had my HSG with the RE. An HSG is an hysterosalpingogram, which is an x-ray type of test that looks at the uterus and fallopian tubes. A dye is inserted into the uterus and flushed through the tubes.

In case you're wondering, it's as unpleasant as it sounds.

But, it wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. Yes, it was slightly painful, but with all of the pain that I go through every month, it wasn't too awful. And my RE has apparently done his fair share of them because he was very quick with the procedure.

Now for the good news. My tubes aren't blocked!!! And my uterus looks very good; there are no abnormalities.

This has, of course, caused us to change our game plan. We are going to do an IUI this cycle. I am to track my ovulation with OPKs and as soon as I get a positive, I have to call the office.

Words can't describe how happy I am to finally have some good news throughout this process. Now we just have to hope that I ovulate before we go on vacation. C'mon ovaries . . . . do your business!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got some good news. We had some these exams when I was in x-ray school. They looked unpleasant, but not unbearable. If an exam gives you the information you need, I guess we can live with it. Good luck. Sorry about your job. You are in the same position as me. It will be a good thing for both of us. A lot less stress for you. It is very unfair though.