Monday, October 18, 2010

Lions and Gemsboks and Chimps, Oh My!

Drew and I went to the. best. place today! It was like a zoo, only a gabillion times better. World, welcome to Lion Country Safari.
This fun place is located about 15 miles west of West Palm Beach. The first part of our adventure was a drive thru safari. We paid, got some info and a cd to play, and began our drive through all of the animals. We were instructed to keep our doors and windows closed through the entire safari. (Be prepared for A LOT of pictures!)

Aldabra Tortoise
Llama
Rhea
Impala

Greater Kudu
Gemsbok
These Kulan are in the maternity area.


It was naptime for all of the lions. Drew and I were a little disappointed that they were all laying around being lazy.
Kulan
Asiatic Water Buffalo. Aren't his/her teeth cute!?!
The one on the left decided they wanted to dress themself up!
This is a Blackbuck. He strutted around that place with his nose in the air all hoity-toity like. Drew and I laughed so hard when we watched him.
Can't you just see the personalities on these two? I like to think the one on the left is the older, wiser one and the one on the right is the "redneck" of the group. Haha!

Camel!
Eland
Watusi
Waterbuck


Southern White Rhinoceros






Porcuppine

This guy was quite the attention whore. And he squashed my toes, not once, but twice, trying to get food.

Seriously, can you get any cooler than that???




The highlight of my day was the spider monkeys. Love!
Oh, melt my heart!!!
I am so, so glad that we decided to go here today. I figured that it would be a fun experience, but I had no idea that it would be as much fun as it was.

No comments: