Thursday, October 21, 2010

Goodbye Florida, Hello Georgia

Our flight was at 4:15 this afternoon, so we had plenty of time to clean the cottage up before we had to leave. We gathered up all of the towels and bedding and went to the laundromat. While I was waiting for the stuff to wash, Drew went outside to talk on the phone. There was a game where you drop a quarter down a chute and it lands on a moving platform. That quarter pushes up against the other quarters on the platform to push off the ones near the edge. Those ones then push against the ones on the bottom level. You know what I'm talking about! Anyways, I put maybe $2 in the machine before the stuff was done in the washer. When Drew came back inside, I showed him the game. He the fed the machine the rest of the dollars that he had in his pocket, which was about five. When he ran out, he began to beg, literally beg, me for the dollars that I had in my wallet. I have never seen a grown man beg as much as he did. He was like a crack addict begging for another hit. Unreal! I ended up giving him another $2 just so he'd leave me alone.

After our wash was done, and Drew was finished feeding his money to the machine, we went back to the cottage. We finished cleaning up, closed the place up, and made our way back to the airport.

Eric picked us up in Atlanta. That airport is a madhouse! We picked up some pizza for dinner and then went to the house. I was so excited to meet little Wesley! Jess and Eric told us that he has a fussy period between 7 and 9 PM. Guess what time we got to the house? He likes to be bounced and walked around, so I did that a little bit and he eventually settled down and fell asleep. And this is what he did:
Little stinker is already getting feisty with me!

Drew, Jen, and Emma arrived about 10:30. We visited with them for a while and everybody will be heading to bed soon.

No comments: