Thursday, December 11, 2008

Wanted: Photographer

I'm on the hunt for a photographer. I really want to do a Trash the Dress (TTD) photo shoot. For those of you that are new to the idea, here is what Wikipedia describes as TTD:

Trash the dress, fearless bridal, and rock the frock refers to photography that contrasts elegant clothing with an environment in which it is completely out of place. It is generally shot in the style of glossy beauty and glamour photography.
Usually brides decide to have pictures taken on the beach, but possibilities are endless. City streets, rooftops, garbage dumps, fields, and abandoned buildings are only few examples of trash the dress session locations.
A model often wears a ball gown, prom dress or wedding dress[2], and may effectively ruin the dress in the process by getting it wet, dirty or in extreme circumstances tearing or destroying the garment.
It may also be done as an additional shoot after the wedding, almost as a declaration that the wedding is done and the dress will not be used again. It is seen as an alternative to storing the dress away, never to be seen again.

Ok, now I'm not looking to destroy my dress!!! I spent a lot of money and I love my dress to pieces. But, I do have a very hard time trying to be ok with packing it into a box for a long time.
I still want to keep my dress. I will probably end up packing it away in a box for a long time. But why not get some gorgeous pictures out of it before I do.


The possibilities really are endless with what you can do. It's obviously winter now. A winter shoot would be a great idea. Cold! But great!!

Drew works on airplanes and really does have a passion for that. I would love to go to the airport and shoot some photos out there. Can you imagine the great shots that could be had on a gorgeous day with a few puffy clouds in the sky?
Drew also has a passion for the Cubs. We've been over this before. Dontcha think he would love to get some photos at Wrigley? Of course, that's been done, so I want a photog who can do something out of the ordinary.

I have such a passion for photography. I told many people that if I could have afforded it, I would have had 4 photogs at the wedding. I told my mom during the planning process that I was thinking about doing a TTD and she was outraged. "Why would you want to destroy your dress?" was her big arguement. I told her that I would be destroying it, I would simply be taking pictures in it without the worry of it getting filthy. Yes, it's going to get dirty, but nothing that a simple trip to the cleaners won't be able to fix.

Ok, here's where it gets tricky though. I know that there are a ton of photogs out there. In fact, a ton who already do TTD. And I could just simply contact one of them. (In fact, there's a photog team who I will have pictures by before I die. They are Bobbi+Mike and they are fantastic!!! I love their photos oh so much!!!) But, I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for these photos. That's where it gets a little tricky.

Drew and I already spent a boatload on the wedding. I can't stomach spending more for photos that I simply want. With that said, I also am aware that in order for a photog to get jobs, they need a good portfolio. Not many people will hire an inexperienced photog for such an important event, like a wedding, without loving their work. So, I want to help out. I am looking for someone who wants to expand their portfolio. Maybe that doesn't exist and I'm being crazy. But that's why I'm throwing it out here. Is there anybody out there that is looking for this?

No comments: