Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas 2008

For a lot of newly married couples, holidays can be kind of stressful with having to spend time with each family. Not for us!! We planned to spend time with both sides early, and now today, we can relax and focus on us.


Sunday night, we had Christmas with Drew's family. His sister and her husband were in town from Georgia and we also celebrated with Drew's grandparents.


I made photo books of our wedding pictures for Drew's mom and my mom. They both loved them, as I knew they would.

We always celebrate Christmas Eve with my family. I actually tried to make other plans one year and was promptly warned that I better not miss it because I would be out of the will. No one Christmas Eve unless you have a very good excuse.


Christmas on my side of the family used to be so different. All of us cousins swap names so we only have to buy for one person. When we were all younger, you used to not be able to fit any more presents under the tree. Now, everything is gift cards. Present opening goes a lot faster though, and there's always less trash. We used to have at least two or three bags full of paper. Now, we don't even fill half. Ahhh, I can't wait to have some babies. And neither can everybody else.

No comments: