Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Thanking Our Guests

Yes, I'm agonizing over this. I have a couple options and I have no idea what to do. Here's my choices:

1. Go to Target (or some equal store) and just buy some. I like this idea because it's cheapish and easy. Easy being the biggest priority. Plus, Drew and I (well, let's be honest, me) could get them cranked out by this weekend. I don't like this idea because it's kinda impersonal. I have already sent thank you's for shower gifts and those were just general thank you notes. I kinda wanted something a little more personal for our wedding thank you's. Most of our guests traveled and they were all so generous. I know that the front of the card doesn't matter so much, but at least a little presentation would be nice.

2. Order the thank you's that match our invitations. I like this idea because it ties the theme together. We didn't do STD (save the dates) because by the time we actually set the date, there were only about 8 months until the wedding. By the time we had finalized a guest list, ordered STDs and sent them, there probably would have only been about 6 months and then it was only a matter of 3 or 4 months until invites went out. It seemed like a waste of money at that point. By doing matching thank you's to our invites, I feel like it ties up the wedding very nicely. On the other hand, how many of our guests do you think actually remember what our invite looked like? I'm willing to bet that most everybody threw the invitation away, if not the day of, the day after. But I loved our invitations oh so much, so I might just order the thank you's so that I can look at them a little longer.

3. Use our favorite wedding picture(s) to make thank you's from a printing company like VistaPrint. I really like this idea because we can a) make some personalized thank you's for our fantastic guests and b) share with each of our guests a couple of our wedding photos. The downside to this is that I have to actually wait for Brad to send us some photos. Then, I have to design the thank you and order them. Then, wait. And wait. And wait. It could take a week or two for the thank you's to come in. Then, I have to write them. So really, it could be at least another month before any of our guests get a thank you. I know that etiquette says that we have something like 6 months to send thank you's. Crazy!!! I don't want these things hanging over my head for that long.

Do you see the dilemma I'm dealing with here?!? I just have no idea what to do. I really, really want to do some photo ones, but I really, really don't want to wait that long. Another option is that I could just send some generic ones now and order holiday cards using our wedding photos. But then I'm having to mail a load of stuff twice. Boo!!

Suggestions??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tania,
I still have your invitation and plan to keep it. Why can't you take a photo and print something off your computer for your thank you? You wouldn't have to wait so long then.
Lori

Tania said...

I'm glad you still have it and plan on keeping it. That makes my heart happy!

I would do something on the computer but I don't think our printer is nice enough and it would end up looking like crap I think.