Friday, November 7, 2008

Back to the Grind

Today was my first day back to work as a married woman. Ya, it wasn't that much fun! I did have one customer who knew that I was getting married ask how the honeymoon was. That is just so sweet. These people don't know squat about me. And I really don't know squat about them. But they remember these important things in my life. They actually put the effort into asking how things went. People who I get to see once or twice a week, and have 2 minute conversations with; they remember, and they care enough to ask. Cool!

Drew still had the day off of work. (Oh, what I wouldn't give to have a cool boss like that! His work, I'm sure, was stoked to have him take so much time off since they've been pretty slow anyways.) Drew took care of some more things that needed to get done around here.

Our dryer sucks, a lot. The final straw was yesterday. I did a load of towels and had to run the dryer 3 (!!!) times to get them dry. Actually, 3 times got them most of the way dry. I think that I actually did 3 1/2 times. Seriously though, that's ridiculous. Drew called the landlord today and they came over and put some new vents or something or another in and according to Drew, the fixed dryer dried his work uniforms in 20 minutes. I find that hard to believe. I'll believe it probably tomorrow when I resume doing laundry.

And, at this point in time, I am very sick of laundry!! Vacations are fun until you have to come home and wash all of the laundry. Plus, add in work clothes and towels, and that's a ton of stuff to wash. I have not been a fan of doing the laundry because of that stupid dryer. So, maybe now it won't be so bad.

Drew also went down to the county clerk's office and picked up some copies of our marriage certificate. Now, I can officially begin the process of changing my name. I'm pretty excited. I'm anxious to have this process over. I know that it's going to take some time. It's tough being in such a state of limbo. I'm not sure whether to be Tania Oldlastname or Tania Newlastname. I feel like I don't really have a name right now. Can I just be Tania? Without a last name? And, it's probably going to get a little worse before it gets better. Think, I'm going to go on Wednesday and change my social security card and my drivers license. Then, I have to call and change all of my credit cards, insurance, bank stuff, debit cards, bills, everything. I'm going to be this person with two different last names for probably at least 2 more months.

We're heading upstairs to play some games with the neighbors. Good times!

No comments: