Monday, November 17, 2008

Post-Wedding Depression?

Drew and I have been married for a little over 3 weeks. And I really feel like I need a hobby!

I graduated from school in May. Before graduation, I worked and went to school full time. I was a busy girl. Once graduation came, I immediately went into wedding planning full time. I had 5 months until the wedding and needed to focus on all the things that needed to get done. The wedding quickly consumed my life. I was never overwhelmed. I'll admit, there were times when I got stressed, but I was never overwhelmed.

I was so excited when the wedding finally arrived. The last couple weeks were torture. I was just so ready to be done with the planning and waiting and just wanted to be married already.

It's so true what everybody says; your wedding day flies by. It didn't feel like it at the time though. I remember being dressed and taking pictures in the Cathedral before the ceremony. After the pictures, all of us girls went to go wait in a room for the ceremony to start. Seriously... longest half hour of my life!! Looking back, I wish we had had some cards or something. I remember saying that I wished I had my iPod. The ceremony went very quickly. I hardly remember it. The reception was quick too. But it wasn't quick while I was in it. Does that make sense? I was so tired, and all I really wanted to do was go to bed with my new husband. Sleep that is, go to sleep with my new husband.

Do you want to know what my first thought was when Drew and I walked out of the American Center to go to the hotel. It's over!!! 10 months of planning, stress, tears, hard work, it was all over. I was no longer a bride. I had to take off my dress and let down my hair and I would never get to be that beautiful bride again. I just wanted to cry. In fact, I still find myself wanting to cry and it's been over for over three weeks.

Now that it's over, I just want it back! I want to go back and have that final week before my wedding again. I want to have my wedding day again.

So, obviously that's not going to happen. But I do want something. I need something. I need to find something to do.

Drew and I went grocery shopping last night and got home about 7. We started dinner and then went to go relax for a little bit while it cooked. I stood in the middle of the living room and just looked around. I wanted something to do. I need something that is going to keep me busy. If I could draw, I would be all over that. But I can't, not even a little. I'd love it even more if I could find something that I was good at and make some money at. Like making something and selling it. But, I have no idea what that something is. I'll let you know when I find it!!

No comments: