Thursday, September 25, 2008

One Drink, Two Drink, Three Drink, Floor!

Last night, I went to a private liquor tasting at Brewsky's. Yes, lil ol' me, who hardly ever drinks. Yes, I left there quite tipsy. We had a total of ten drinks. I believe that only a true drinker could drink all of them. They were:

1. Kicked Up Julius - a drink which consisted of orange juice, vanilla something, curacao, and some other stuff. From what everybody said, it did taste like an Orange Julius (I've never had one). I wasn't too crazy about how vanilla it tasted, but it wasn't that strong.

2. UV Grape Bomb - a shot that was quite delicious! This drink was UV Grape and Sobe. Yum!!!

3. Fat Tire - an amber ale. In other words, a beer. I have never been a beer girl, nor will I ever be one unless my taste buds seriously change. I didn't like it for that reason.

4. Georgia Peach - a drink which is made with Southern Comfort, Peach schnapps, orange juice, and a dash of grenadine. Another delicious choice!! I would have liked a little more peachy flavor.

5. Apple pie - a shot with apple juice, vodka, and cinnamon. It smelled very cinnamony. After taking the shot, it did taste exactly like an apple pie. Mmm, delish!!

6. Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale - another beer. Gross!!! That was actually the consensus at the table.

7. Hong Kong Fuey - probably my new favorite drink. This one is made with apricot brandy, pineapple juice, sprite, and (stella(r)?) gin. Here's a picture of it.
Sorry, it's kinda bad. But it was delicious!!!!

8. Asian Pear - a shot that was also pretty darn good.

9. Sam Adams October Fest - beer, nasty.

10. Patron Citronage - a shot to end things. This one was quite strong. I only took half. It burned!

I said "peace out" after that. I really had a lot of fun, even though I don't usually drink. It was fun to try new and different drinks.




No comments: