Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Legal Piece of Paper

It's official!!! Drew and I can legally get married!!!

We went and got our marriage license today. It wasn't too bad. The biggest hold up was Drew not knowing how his dad put his name on his birth certificate. Apparently, everything has to match up, and if it doesn't, we'd have to get an affidavit every time we travel. I think the lady was exaggerating a bit. But Drew didn't know how his dad's name was on the birth certificate. So we had to call and try to find out. But, we did it! We got the piece of paper and now we can get married.

I told Drew on our way back home that I think that getting our marriage license was the last thing that we had to do to get married. All of the rest of the stuff is just details because we want to.

I also received an email last night letting me know that our guestbook was shipped. According to the tracking info, it should arrive on Monday. I'm crossing my fingers for a speedier delivery.

No comments: