Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Centerpieces: Resolved!

Wednesday again. That means that it was my day off. I, of course, spent the day doing wedding stuff and cleaning. I won a gift certificate from Rockford Rentals at a bridal expo so I decided that I wanted to try and rent some of the glassware for the centerpieces. I mean, what am I going to do with it after the wedding besides have it sit around and bother me. I'm sure I'd eventually sell it, but getting to that point would probably take some time. I was a little disappointed in what they had to offer. For being a rental place, they sure didn't have as much as I thought that they would for centerpiece type glassware. And when I made a mention about probably having to buy some stuff, I asked the guy if he bought stuff from people and he said no. Are you kidding me? I betcha that he'd probably be able to rent a lot of that kind of stuff. If you were a bride and getting married, would you rather rent or buy that stuff?

I eventually decided to go with a 60 oz brandy glass, like this one:

Except that the one that I rented has a taller stem, probably somewhere around 4 or 5 inches. The good news is that I have finally decided what I am going to do for the centerpieces. (See, I told you I would do it.) I'm going to get silver fabric, cut in maybe two foot (?) squares, and lay those on the table. Then, I will place a square mirror on top of that. The brandy glasses will then go on top of the mirror. In the brandy glass, I plan on putting clear stones at the bottom with a light, then filling half to three-quarters of the way with water. I will then float a rose. The rose will be a red rose with white petals mixed in, like the picture below.
My sister (MOH) will also be having some of these two-toned roses in her bouquet to set her aside from the rest of the bridal party. I will then be placing three or four votive candles around the brandy glass. Red rose petals will also be scattered on the table. Whew, centerpieces complete!! HUUUUUUGE check!!!

After Rockford Rentals, I went to our florist, Deb, at Event Floral. When I showed her the two-toned rose idea, she loved it. I couldn't believe how excited she was about it. That is where we decided to do the red rose with white petal bloom floating in the brandy glass. I paid our remaining balance, and she is going to start putting together my bouquets. We went with silk, especially since we're doing that two-toned idea. She said she would probably have them ready in three weeks or so. I'm excited!!

Then, I came home and wrote thank you notes for my first shower. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be and it probably only took me about 45 minutes.

Drew and I had a meeting tonight at the Cathedral with the woman who is going to canter for our ceremony. I'm pretty pleased with the choices that we decided to go with. My concerns, and there are two, are that she will not be at the rehearsal, and that we won't meet with her until the day of the ceremony. We also won't be meeting with the guy who will be playing the organ/piano for us. Ya, that frightens me a little bit.

Upcoming projects:

~ Programs

~ Bathroom baskets

~ Groomsmen and parent gifts

45 days!!

No comments: