Saturday, July 18, 2009

North Carolina Cook-Out

Today, we traveled back to North Carolina. Once we got back to Drew and Jen's house, Drew and I immediately went to the guest room and took a nap. We slept until Eric and Jess showed up. We hung out with them and worked on getting things ready for the BBQ that Drew and Jen were having.

Guests were scheduled to arrive at 6 PM and let me tell you, people in the South know that 6 PM means 6 PM. We cooked out and enjoyed everybody's company.

Someone brought a Bags set, also known as Corn Hole, and Drew is an avid Bags player. Some of the boys started playing Bags and Jess and I watched with amusement. Soon, a neighbor kid and his friend, who were both about 10 or 11, decided that they wanted to play too. They thought that they were THE coolest things ever because they were getting to play with the "adults". Jess and I were rolling in laughter over some of the things they were saying.

Poor Jen wasn't able to have a very good time at her party because Emma had some trapped gas that was causing her a lot of discomfort. She spent a good portion of the night trying to soothe her. I felt horrible, and thought about trying to help, but some of Jen's friends were already with her so I figured it would be best if I just stayed back.

We don't really have any plans for tomorrow, so we'll see what comes up.

No comments: