Saturday, July 25, 2009

How to Make Me Happy

It's my first time getting tagged and I am so excited!!

Here are the rules to this tag:
1. Mention and link back to the person that tagged you. (I was tagged by Dana at Sweeping Through Life. Thanks Dana!!)
2. List 6 little things that make you happy.
3. Tag 6 other bloggers and let them know "They're it".

There are a lot of things that make me happy in life. It was seriously hard to narrow it down to just 6. However, I prevailed! So without further ado, the top 6 things that will instantly bring a smile to my face.

1. My husband, Drew
I know, cliche right? I don't care. He makes me happy! I could not ask for a better best friend. We've been going through some rough times with situations that have arisen that are beyond our control and he has proven to me that I can always depend on him. He has been my rock lately, and I am so grateful. I love how we can be silly and playful with each other. I love how we strive to bring out the best in each other. I love how we are comfortable and ourselves with each other. I am so honored that he chose me to spend the rest of his life with.
2. Our furbaby, Simon
We adopted Simon from the local animal shelter in August 2007. I never thought that I could love a pet like I love Simon. He will instantly brighten my day. Drew gets so jealous that Simon will snuggle up with me over him. Drew will grab Simon to make him lay with him and Simon will squirm away and come lay with me. Poor Drew!! I'm actually watching him hunt flies right now. And he catches them too! I can't imagine our life without Simon. He certainly completes us and will remain our "baby" until we have a child.
3. Dancing
I was on the dance team from 6th grade until my senior year of high school. That's 7 years of dancing. I still love to go out and dance with friends. In fact, my one request for my bachelorette party was that we go and dance somewhere. I frequently plug my iPod in and dance around in my underwear while I'm getting ready in the morning. Sometimes, I even do some hair brush singing. But mostly, it's just dancing. And I love watching dancing on tv. I would love to take a dance class again before I get too old to move like I should.
4. Reality TV
I get so sucked in to reality tv. I love it all! Everything from The Hills to American Idol to The Bachelorette. It's probably my guilty pleasure. I think that I like reality tv so much because it's an escape from my own world and my own drama. And goodness knows that I have plenty of drama. I like to forget about mine for that half hour or hour time slot and get completely wrapped into a world where their drama is so much more interesting than mine.
5. Going out to dinner (especially Chili's)
Going out to dinner is one of my most favorite things to do. There's just something about sharing a (hopefully) good meal with the people that you care about. I constantly get teased because I usually order the same thing (chicken) whenever we go out, but I still love to enjoy a nice meal that neither one of us had to cook. And, somebody else does the dishes!!
6. Friends and Family
Again, cliche, I know. But it's the truth. I have THE BEST friends and family that a girl could ask for. My family is wonderful. And then I got blessed with marrying Drew and getting more wonderful family to add to mine. Our friends bring us so much joy. Whether we're hanging out at someone's home or going out, we always have a blast. God has truly blessed us by surrounding us with amazing people.
I don't have too many followers and I don't follow a ton of blogs yet, but here are the 6 fellow bloggers that I have chosen to tag:

1. Jessica at An Atlanta Bride
3. Ashley at Ruby Baby
4. Hannah at That Girl
6. Brittany at The Wilson's

2 comments:

Dana said...

Loved reading your post.

Tania said...

Thank you! It took me foooorrrreeeevvvver to do the post with the pictures and the linking and to get the spacing right. I felt like such an amateur.