Monday, July 13, 2009

Countdown to Vacation

There hasn't been too much going on, hence the lack of blogging. Mike, our tenant, left for training yesterday. Becca seems to be taking it fairly well. I don't think it's really sunk in yet. I can't imagine having to go through what she's going through. I am fully appreciative of all those men and women that serve our country. But, I am so grateful that Drew stays home with me.

We're gearing up for vacation, which we leave for on Thursday. We're visiting the Daughtry's in North Carolina. We leave bright and early Thursday morning. My wonderful husband scheduled our flights for 7 AM!!! I'm not so stoked about that. But, we do arrive in Charlotte at about 10 AM, where we will leave directly for Hilton Head Island. I've never seen the ocean, so I'm super excited to be able to see the Atlantic and stick my feet in there. Hopefully, the weather will be nice. When I checked the weather at the end of last week, they were calling for scattered thunderstorms. So, the next couple of days will be a flurry of cleaning, laundry, and packing. The fun parts of going on vacation!

I'm going to try to blog through vacation, like I did on our honeymoon. I can't make too many promises, because I'm sure to be kept pretty busy. Plus, there's little Emma that I am totally excited to snuggle with. I'm sure that she's not going to help the baby fever one little bit.

No comments: