Monday, August 11, 2008

We'rrrre Grilling

Drew has been moved back over to line service for a little bit because they needed some help. This has actually been kind of good because he has Wednesdays and Saturdays off. (Except that from now until he goes back to maintenance, he'll have Wednesdays and Sundays off, which is even more exciting because then we'll have all the same days off.) He was working yesterday and he called me and wanted to see if I wanted to cook out because of friend of his, that he works with, wanted to grill out. I said sure and he said that he'd call me back in a little bit. He calls back about ten minutes later and lets me know that we might be having about 20 people over. Ok!! Great!!

So we had a spur of the moment cook out yesterday. Angela's boyfriend, Cody, Drew's work buddy, Nick, Jared and his beautiful new wife, Amber, and his little girl, Alex, our neighbors, Josh and Angie, and Adam, Nicole, Austin, and Brayden came over.

I love having people over. I love hosting parties. I even baked brownies. And I would have made banana bread had I had a mixer. (Drew broke our other one and I can't bring myself to buy one.)

Poor Simon spent the whole time hiding under the bed, running out really quick to see what was going on, then hiding back underneath the bed. Poor thing has slept the entire morning. I think he's been traumatized. I think combining the amount of people, plus two younger kids who really wanted to play with him, scared him a little bit.

And we now have more beer in our fridge than I'd care to store in there!

No comments: