Friday, August 22, 2008

This Is Only A Test

My aunt has graciously accepted the task of baking the cake for our wedding. I found our cake in a bridal magazine that I bought and it's something from Martha Stewart. She baked us a test cake and followed the recipe exactly. It's called Moist Chocolate Cherry Stout Cake with Dark Chocolate Glaze.
Drew and I cut up and tried a piece last night after dinner. It was definitely different. You have to like cherries in order to like this cake. There are dried cherries in and if you don't like cherries, you won't like the cake. Drew and I both think that it would be better if the cherries were just left out of it.

Now that she's baked a test cake, she's going to try some variations on the recipe. The recipe calls for a dense cake, since it has a glazing on the top, so I don't think that we could just use a recipe from a box and make any flavor we wanted. I don't know though, she's more of the expert than I am. I'd honestly be happy with buying a box of Duncan Hines spice cake mix and vanilla frosting. We also want to try to tie in our color scheme more. I'm not too crazy about all the brown and chocolate colors, especially since we aren't using any of those colors. I'm sure there will be more pictures to come.

64 days!!

No comments: