Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Waiting, Sometimes Patiently

We keep chugging right along, getting closer and closer to the wedding. I'm still working on the slideshow. Drew's parents are working on pictures for me of him that I can add to it. My biggest hold up now is music. I have no idea what I want to use. I originally was going to do all of my pictures, then all of Drew's. But my mom suggested that I do a picture of me then a picture of Drew and alternate throughout the show. I like that idea a lot better, however that makes music a lot more difficult. Now I have to try to find something more gender neutral. I've got a couple of possibilities. I'm excited to reach the final product. Hopefully by the end of this week.

I ordered the cover paper for our programs yesterday. I believe that it should be getting shipped out today. It's coming from Minnesota so I should have it by early next week. I need to get some ribbon, which shouldn't be too hard. Then I have to decide how to print the insert pages. I'll probably simply go to Kinko's with the file and have them copy it. I need to call around for prices to find my best deal. I still need to make some tweaks to the actual material of the program before I get too excited about printing them. Right now, I have our first and second readings in there, and my mom is quite irritated that I don't have the Gospel. I told her to chill and it doesn't really matter that much. I could always add another page, but then I have to come up with three other pages of material, at which point our programs become small novels. We'll ask our priest and see what he has to say. I also want him to approve the programs before printing. With it being a Catholic ceremony (NOT MASS!!!), I don't want to mess up any of the wording. We meet with Father next Tuesday. At that point, we will have less than 3 months!!!

I actually received a call back from a resume that I submitted a couple weeks ago. At this point, just getting a call is exciting enough for me. He said that he was interested in scheduling an interview with me, but when I called him back, he was away from his calendar and told me that he would call back when he was in the office. Um, ya, no call, and it's almost 3:00 PM. And, I haven't heard from the guy here at the bank that I interviewed with two weeks, and he said I'd hear something last week. Sigh... I'm just destined to stay here.

No comments: