Monday, July 28, 2008

Sometimes Checks Are More Work...

The mail is the best part of my day. Always has been. Even though I'm older now and most of the mail is either bills or credit cards offers, I still love mail time. Today was especially fantastic because I got two, count 'em two, packages. The first one was the paper that I ordered for the programs. I'm not 100% pleased with it, but it'll do. The other package was the lingerie that I ordered from Fredericks for Drew's wedding present. And yes, I did squeal when I saw it! So I quickly scooped up the package and ran to the spare bedroom to check out what I got. After looking at it all, I shoved it all in a dance bag and came to spend some time with Drew and prepare dinner. Our neighbor came down for dinner with us, and now the boys are upstairs at his place playing Halo. I decided to check out what I ordered a little more closely and try it on. Here's where the problems begin....

I start taking out the bra and panty and garter belt set that I ordered and pull out the bra and look at it and think that it looks a little on the small side. I look at the size and what would you know?? Sure is a size too small. Ya, there is no way that my bewbs are gonna fit in it. Then I put the corset on and I could practically fit another person in there with me. Gah, I HATE not fitting into anything ever!!! So I frantically start searching for a customer service number to call and start dialing away. I come to find out that they are doing some inventory something or other and they won't be open again until Thursday. (They're hoping, by the way.) Crap!!!! It's just one more thing that I thought I had accomplished that I have to mess with now.

I put together a mock-up of our programs today. I still have some work to do to them. I discovered that I need to fix the margins and get different ribbon. We meet with Father Butler tomorrow night, so we can get his ok on the program.

And.... I had an interview today! He basically said that it was a good interview, but he didn't know if he wanted to go with somebody who had experience, or somebody like me, who was fresh out of school. Please, please, choose me! Pick me!! I'm the best choice!!! I know that God will bless me with the right job. He's just teaching me patience right now.

No comments: