Monday, January 10, 2011

To Blog or Not To Blog

You have no idea the internal struggle that has been going on in my head for the past few days.  No idea!  Let's start at the beginning.  Because that's a very good place to start.

My unmedicated cycle came to an end (surprise, surprise) on Saturday with the start of my period.  Drew asked me to chart for the cycle, and I obliged, so I knew that good ol' Aunt Flo would be making her appearance on Saturday.  When I woke up in the morning and saw my temperature, I showered, threw on some comfy clothes, grabbed the heating pad, and parked my booty on the couch.  And there I stayed.  Heating pad in place.  Just waiting.  And waiting.  And waiting.  And waiting.

Well, I waited all day.  AF arrived in the afternoon, and I waited.  But nothing came.  No pain.  None whatsoever.  Bedtime came, so I packed up my little sicky camp and went to bed, with the heating pad still in place.

I slept pretty well all night, and when Sunday morning afternoon arrived, I woke up curious.  No pain.  None whatsoever.  I was baffled.  What the heck was going on?  I mean, I wasn't going to complain that I wasn't in pain, but it just didn't make sense.  I figured it wouldn't be long, so I parked my booty back on the couch and put the heating pad right where it belonged. 

Evening came and nothing.  Night came and nothing. 

Today is day 3 and I have been pain free this cycle.  It's a miracle.  An unbelievably miracle.  I don't know if God decided to spare me a little bit after the hell that I went through last month, but I'll take it.

So, back to my struggle.  I've started another cycle on Saturday, but I keep having debates about whether or not I want to blog about it.  On one hand, I want to be able to remember this time in my life.  That way when our future child acts like a royal pain, I can prove to them how much we fought and longed for them to join us.  On the other hand, ya'll, it broke my heart to have to put into writing that I wasn't pregnant after my first IUI. 

I probably will continue to blog about what is going on with my treatments, because, first and foremost, this is my blog for me.  You are more than welcome to come with me on this journey, in fact, the more the merrier.  Let's beat this crappy thing called infertility!

No comments: