Sunday, January 30, 2011

Secrets, Secrets Are No Fun

My birthday is next Sunday, February 6th.  I know, I am sooooo lucky to have my birthday be on the same day as the Superbowl.  NOT!!  Anyways, Drew can't keep a secret to save his life.  In fact, our first Christmas together, he gave me my gift three days early because he couldn't wait.  So, I really shouldn't be surprised about this.

After we got done with dinner, Drew sat down on the couch.

"When do you want your birthday present?"  he asked.

"On my birthday."

"No, I can't wait that long!  I want to give it to you now."

"It's not my birthday.  Let's do it on Thursday, since you have the day off."

"No, I really want to give it to you now.  I can't wait that long."

At this point, he commences to beg me to let him give it to me now.  I finally gave in and he scampered off like an excited child at Christmas.

He returned to the living room, and after making me close my eyes and hold out my hands, he put a box in my hand containing this:
A Speedlight!  SQUEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!  He also gave me an off-camera remote cord.

I'm stoked.  Just stoked.  The even better news is that the local camera store is offering a Speedlight class at the end of March.  Guess who's going to sign up tomorrow?  This girl right here!

No comments: