Tuesday, January 18, 2011

What Do We Need a Dog For??

Drew has been begging me for a dog since we bought our house at the end of February 2009.  He's always grown up having a dog, and well, I haven't.  I have never had a dog for a pet.  It's not that I don't like dogs.  For the most part, I don't have a problem with them.  Well, except for Max, one of Drew's parents dogs.  He decided that he would french kiss me one morning while I was sleeping.  We haven't been friends since.  But, the other Drew's dogs.  I love his dogs!  They are so well behaved and he has trained them so well.  I know that a lot of that has to do with the owner, and he's obviously worked very hard with them.

When I was doing the IUI cycle in November/December, I made the decision that if I got pregnant, I would get Drew a dog for Christmas.  I would have 9 months to train the dog before we had the baby and that seemed pretty good to me.  But, I didn't wind up pregnant, so no dog.  I haven't closed off the idea all together, but we just aren't getting a dog right now.

I always keep telling Drew that we don't need a dog.  We have two cats and they are plenty enough animals for us.  Drew doesn't agree.  But then, when Leo does his "trick", I know that I'm totally right.  We don't need a dog to play fetch with...


See?  What the heck do we need a dog for?

No comments: