Sunday, March 15, 2009

Hold Your Gasps!

I'm finally posting some pictures from when we first moved. Of course, Drew had to carry me over the threshold.
Please ignore my folded up pants! This was when we closed, on Thursday the 26th and it was a nasty rainy day.


The greatest part of our house? The electric chair lift. It's the running joke that you can get drunk downstairs (that's where the poker/game/Drew's man cave will be) and still make it upstairs.

We, seriously, had to buy about 25 light bulbs when we moved in. All of them were either burnt out or missing. Some light switches didn't turn anything on because the bulb was missing. So for about a week, we had no idea what all the switches were to in the house. We have since figured it out. The next picture is so dark because, as you can see, there are only two bulbs in that light fixture.
Yeah, the carpet needed a GOOD cleaning before anything else. We also let off two, count'em two, foggers on Thursday before we moved in. I have an extreme dislike for bugs, especially in my house. I don't think they worked very well because I still find things crawling around.

I am so thankful to all the people that helped us move that Friday. We couldn't have done it without them. The guys took it upon themselves to arrange our living room. I was forbidden to enter until they had it set. Once they did, I was called and three of them had assumed position to show me where exactly we should hang our pictures and things.
That's Josh, displaying where we should hang the clock.

Well, there you finally have it, some pictures from the move. I will be posting some more pictures soon of before, during, and after painting in the living room and master bedroom.

No comments: