Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Secret Keeper

Drew can't keep a secret to save his life.  Our first Christmas together, he gave me my gift two days earlier because he couldn't stand to keep it a secret.  For my birthday two years ago, he gave me my gift a week early.  It's absolutely adorable that he gets so excited about something that he has purchased for me.

So, my first Mother's Day gift was no exception.

I was sitting in Annelise's room nursing her last Thursday, and the doorbell rang.  I threw a blanket over me and went to see who it was.  It was the UPS guy, who had a package that I had to sign for.  That never happens.  However, he was sweet enough to blurt out to me that it was from Apple.  Thanks guy, you suck at keeping secrets too!

I called up Drew and told him that I just had to sign for a package.  He practically screamed at me not to open it.  I told him I wouldn't it, and left it sitting on the entryway table.  It sat there the whole weekend without him paying any attention to it.  I was pretty shocked.

Today, as soon as I got into the shower, I heard the doorbell ring again.  There really wasn't much I could do about it, given the state that I was in.  Once I got out, I noticed that there was a paper on the window stating that FedEx had tried to deliver something and that someone could go pick it up after 6:30 PM.  I brought Drew the paper when I went to pick him up from work (I had a doctor's appointment to go to.) and told him he could pick it up if he wanted.  He did so, and walked in the door after work with another box.

After dinner, he walked into the room with the boxes and a card on top, and told me that Annelise had told him that she wanted me to open my Mother's Day gift early.  I just started cracking up laughing.  After some heckling, I gave in and opened the boxes.
Drew bought me (us) a new iPad 3!

Happy Mother's Day to me!  Don't worry, I share.

No comments: