Monday, May 21, 2012

Proverbs 31 Woman

My good friend, Lindsay over at Designer Wife, asked a couple of weeks ago if I wanted to participate in a Bible study that Good Morning Girls was starting.  This course was going to be all about Proverbs 31.  I thought it sounded extremely interesting, and I've been wanting to do a Bible study.  So, I, and some other women that I know, formed a group and we've started learning all about the Proverbs 31 woman.

Last week, I read about King Lemuel's mother telling King Lemuel how to be a good ruler.  There is also an ebook that goes along with the Bible study.  The ebook talked about whether or not the Proverbs 31 woman is for real.

Proverbs 31 is a chapter that gives women a lot to strive for and live up to.  Some women may be offended or discouraged by the verses that are written.

I think that this study is going to be good for me in this season of my life.  I've settled into my role as a wife, but there is always room for improvement.  Now that I've taken on a new role as a mother, I'm struggling with everything that that encompasses.  And, admittedly, I've lost some ground in my role as a wife.  It's all par for the course, but I want to get back on track.

I hope that through this study and prayer, God can teach me how to be like the Proverbs 31 woman.  I was recently told by a "friend" that I'm always angry and that I'm toxic in their life.  That hurt.  I'm not sure whether that "friend" was just speaking out of anger or if she honestly and truly believes that.  Either way, it was said, and I'm the type of person that would rather hear the truth that have things kept inside.  So, I'm obviously need to work on being a happier person around the people that I surround myself with.  Now, I'm no longer going to be surrounding myself with that "friend" due to some other circumstances, but she definitely gave me some things to think about it.

I'm going to try to do a reflection and recap post here on the weekends about what I've studied during the week.  Feel free to join the study and, if we're Facebook friends, let me know that you are doing it and I can add you to our group.

No comments: