Sunday, May 13, 2012

First Mother's Day

I really don't know how I can formulate into words how special today was for me.  I have dreamt of being a mother for years and after countless tears and heartbreak, my wish came true this year.  Annelise is such an amazing blessing to me.  I love how she is starting to interact more and will talk to me and give me some huge grins.  I am so glad that I get to spend everyday with her and watch her grow.
Drew and I went and visited our mothers today also.  We started out at my mom's house.  We had printed out some of Annelise's newborn pictures and put them in a collage frame for them.  They both loved them!
My mom just loves Annelise to pieces.  She is usually sleeping anytime we go over there, and the first thing my mom does is start trying to wake her up.  My mom had Annelise over her shoulder after we took this picture and Annelise started waking up and bobbing around for a boob.  Hilarious!

Annelise and I went to a girl's night out dinner with my mom, two of my aunt's, and my cousin's girlfriend last night, and everyone was practically fighting over holding her.  I love that everyone loves the little lady so much!  My mom was on cloud 9 because I brought a bottle along and my mom got to feed her.

After we gave my mom some time with her granddaughter, we went over to Drew's parent's house.  Drew's grandma was there and we all ate dinner together.
I'm kind of disappointed that I didn't get a picture of all of us ladies.

I think that the onesie pretty much says it all!  I had a great first Mother's Day and I can't wait to celebrate many, many more.

No comments: