Friday, February 6, 2009

My Birthday

Today is my birthday. I decided to work today and take the weekend off because I figured that Drew would have the weekend off too. Unfortunately, the higher powers at his place of employment decided that this weekend would be a good weekend for him to start his new weekend shift. Boo to them I say!



Anyways, I called Drew when I got off work and told him I was on my way home. He then asked me to stop at Woodman's and pick up a bottle of wine. Huh? "You don't even like wine. Why should I get some wine?" He says that it's my birthday and he can have some wine with me. I told him I would get him some beer since there was no point in him drinking something he doesn't like. I'm also a little perplexed that he asked me to stop at the store. You have to have some major balls to ask me to stop anywhere Friday night after work. He then asks me what I want for dinner. I tell him that I didn't know because I had no clue what was in the cupboard. So then, he proceeds to tell me that we'll figure it out when I get home. Again, I'm perplexed. You have to have some major balls to tell me that we'll figure out dinner when I get home at 7:30 on a Friday night. I sorta shrug off his weird behavior because I have a feeling he's up to something.



And he was. This is what I walk into when I get home.





He had a super sweet candlelight dinner waiting for me. He had some soft music playing in the background and he had baked some brownies so the house smelled really good. Yep folks, that's my husband!


We sat down and started to eat dinner and that's when it happened.....

No comments: