Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Almost Famous

If you remember here, I told you that I received a very interesting email in my inbox. Well, I'm going to go ahead and let you in on that email since it seems that nothing will really be happening.

I woke up on a Saturday morning and decided to check my email before heading into work. In my inbox was an email from a woman named Jennifer who is an associate with MTV. Apparently, they want to do a True Life: I'm a Newlywed show and were interested in Drew and me. She had found my blog and liked it. I was absolutely shocked! People from MTV have found my lil ol' blog and were reading it!!

I talked to Drew about it and he seemed ok with the idea, so I emailed Jennifer back. She basically wanted to know what married life was like. She emailed back and asked for a contact number which I provided. After playing a little phone tag, I talked to a woman named Jeanette. She basically talked to me about married life and what was different and what was expected and unexpected. After we talked for about 20 minutes, she said she wanted to talk to Drew too, so I gave her his number. She never called him.

I told the girls at work when I first received the email so they've kinda been in the loop the whole time. Tricia keeps asking if I've heard anything and the other day I told her that I'm kinda assuming they're not going to use us. She said that we obviously didn't have enough drama in our lives. She then goes on to tell me that I should have told them that Drew slept with our upstairs neighbor and that I sorta forgave them, and now we're thinking about letting them live in our new house with us (the basement would be perfect for us to rent out) but we don't know if that's something we really want to do considering they slept together. I died laughing!!! That would be some great drama wouldn't it?

Oh well! So, we almost had our 15 minutes of fame. I'm disappointed. But at the same time, it's ok too. I can be a snotty little bitch to Drew sometimes, and it might be best if the whole world didn't see that!

No comments: