Saturday, July 28, 2012

GMG Week 11 Recap

Scripture passages for the week:

Proverbs 31 : 28 - Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her.
Proverbs 22 : 6 - Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it.
Titus 2 : 4 - Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children.
Proverbs 31 : 29 - "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all"

This week sort of made me a little sad.  I know that my husband appreciates all that I do, but he rarely praises me for it.  And, if we're being honest, I know that I don't praise him enough for what he does.  He knows that I am grateful to him for going to work, but I know that I don't vocalize it enough.  I'm going to work harder on vocalizing my thanks and praising him for what he does.  All too often people get lost in criticizing, especially when it comes to parenting.  I'm home with Annelise all day, so I've learned what she likes and dislikes.  I just assume that Drew watches me enough to see it; I forget that I have to teach him sometimes.  Now, whether he listens or not is a completely different story.  I am very conscious about praising him when he does something well with Annelise, and I know that that helps his self-esteem.  He doesn't spend a lot of time with her and she is still a little leery of him at times.  I'm very quick to praise him when he is able to calm her down.  I just need to remember to praise him for other things too!

No comments: