Saturday, July 21, 2012

GMG Week 10 Recap

Scripture passages for the week:

Proverbs 31 : 27 - She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.
Proverbs 13 : 1 - A wise son heeds his father's instruction, but a mocker does not respond to rebukes.
Proverbs 9 : 1-2 - Wisdom has built her house; she has set up its seven pillars.  She has prepared her meat and mixed her wine; she has also set her table.
Proverbs 6 : 6-11 - Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise!  It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, yet it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest.  How long will you lie there, you sluggard?  When will you get up from your sleep?  A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest -- and poverty will come on you like a thief and scarcity like an armed man.
Proverbs 24 : 3-4 - By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established; through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures.
Proverbs 12 : 24 - Diligent hands will rule, but laziness ends in forced labor.
Proverbs 19 : 15 - Laziness brings on deep sleep, and the shiftless go hungry.
Proverbs 20 : 4 - Sluggards do not plow in season; so at harvest time they look but find nothing.

Frankly, I'm struggling with being a Proverbs 31 woman.  I'm trying, I really am.  But I feel like I'm failing in every aspect of it.  I know that it's not realistic to expect to become her overnight, and I wasn't looking to accomplish that.  It was more something to strive towards becoming.  Honestly, I feel further away from being a Proverbs 31 woman than when I started.  I will continue to strive to be a Proverbs 31 woman.

No comments: