Sunday, November 28, 2010

Cuttin' Down a Christmas Tree

Drew and I went with our friends, Josh and Amanda, to cut down our Christmas tree today. I haven't had a real Christmas tree in years. I can't tell you how excited I am to have a real tree in my home. It smells amazing! We went to Williams Tree Farm to pick out our tree. To say there had a lot of trees is an understatement.
Lots of trees.
Lots and lots of trees.
Josh and Amanda were looking for a tall, skinnier one. I think they found a pretty good one. Here's the men chopping it down.
Amanda and I supervised. Can you see our shadows? Haha!
Then, Drew and I found our tree. I had originally "marked" one that I like, but then Josh pointed out this one and it's perfect!
They also have some animals at the Farm. Like a reindeer!!


You can't not feed the camel, right!

Now, I'm just waiting for the branches on the tree to fall back down before I start decorating it. I post a picture of our decorated tree soon. After I vacuum up the gabillion pine needles that are already on my carpet. Ha! It's a small price to pay to have a real tree again.

No comments: