Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Drew and I hosted Thanksgiving this year since we stayed home and didn't go to Georgia. We had my family and Drew's parents over. I documented the day with a few pictures.

I can't tell you how much I absolutely hate taking pictures in my living room. My house is like a dungeon and, since I don't have an external flash yet, it usually takes me about 5 minutes playing around with my settings before I finally get an exposure I like. By that time, my mom was bored!
Here's one of the tables. I purposefully didn't do any centerpieces because I thought we were going to put food on the table. We decided to use all of our counterspace instead. Oh well!
Close up of one of the settings.
Drew decided that he wanted to fry the turkey since he heard rave reviews about it. I've had fried turkey before so I knew what to expect. Drew spent a lot of time looking up marinade recipes so he could inject the turkey. I don't know about you, but they look cold to me!
Fried bird
I think it was good frying it, but I did not care for the seasoning. It was a little too spicy for my tastes and there was something about the taste of it that wasn't pleasant for me. Everybody else loved it though. I hope that everyone had a great Thanksgiving!!

No comments: