Thursday, August 20, 2009

AYKM - Compassion My Ass!!

I think that I'm going to start a new installment here on the ol' blog. It's going to be the "Are You Kidding Me" chronicles. "Are you kidding me" can be said in a couple different tones. I can be delighted. I can be shocked. I can be outraged. There are lots of reasons to exclaim "Are You Kidding Me!!". This installment will, from here on out, be referred to as AYKM.

Drew and I were watching the news last night and saw this story being reported. Scotland has freed Abdel Baset al-Megrahi, who is also known as the Lockerbie bomber, because he is terminally ill with prostate cancer. This man is responsible for the deaths of 270 people, and he is being released on compassionate grounds. AYKM!!!!!!

Al-Megrahi was convicted in 2001 of taking part in the bombing of Pan Am Flight 103 on December 21, 1988. The airliner, which was carrying mostly American passengers to New York, blew up over Scotland. Everybody on board - 259 passengers - and 11 people on the ground died. And Scotland is freeing him. Unbelievable. Utterly unbelievable.

Does this outrage anyone else?

No comments: