Monday, August 24, 2009

Airfest 2009

This past weekend was Airfest at the airport. We're always very excited when this time of year comes around. This year, Airfest only ran Saturday and Sunday. Past years, there was a Friday evening show that we usually went to.

I headed to the airport after work on Saturday to meet up with everybody that was already out there. Since there was no Friday evening show, Drew's work had their hangar open on Saturday with food and beverages galore.

Here is a C131 that the US Army uses. This plane had some parachuters during the airshow.
I have no idea what this one is, but it obviously folds up for compact storage. Neato!!
Drew called me while I was at work and told me that he was going to sign a waiver so that he could be a part of the show. I came to find out that he was going to be a pole holder for Team Oracle. The plane flew between the two poles that were being held and cut a wire.


You can see the line that the plane cut in this picture.
This is a B1 Bomber. According to everyone, it's pretty badass.
This video showcases the F22 Raptor during its takeoff. You can tell that it certainly doesn't need much space to get up and go.

This video shows the F22 doing a high speed pass and then climbing. I can only imagine the stress that gets put on those engines.

No comments: