Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving Recap

Drew and I made the drive to Georgia to visit Eric, Jess, and Wesley for Thanksgiving.  Drew's parents also drove down, and Drew's BFF and his family came also.  Add in 4 dogs and it was quite a full house! 

Yes, we took Maya with us.  She did amazingly well during the drive and while we were there.  She only got a little antsy during the drive down, but once I crawled in the backseat and sat with her for a little bit, she calmed down and went back to sleep.  She never once acted like she had to go to the bathroom, and when we did stop, she didn't want to go.  Weird dog!

On Wednesday, Jess, Jen, Debbie, and I all went to Babies R Us so that I could work on my baby registry.  Jess and Jen were a lot of help and told me exactly what would be helpful and what I would need.  I only have a few more items to add based on whatever colors we decide to do in the nursery.

The rest of the weekend was mainly all of us just hanging out and enjoying one another's company.  It's so great to see family that we don't get to see that often.

On Saturday, Jess took me to a nice consignment shop and I bought a few things.  I'll have to take pictures and post them soon.

Sunday started out a little rough and it was the day to drive home.  I wasn't feeling great, but figured that I was just hungry so I tried to eat and push through it.  I ended up throwing up my breakfast, and, again, figured that I had just waited too long to eat.  I still wasn't feeling great, but we needed to get on the road.  We didn't even make it a block down the road before I threw up again.  It was going to be a long, long 12 hour drive home.  I spent the entire day puking and trying to sleep through it.  It was absolutely awful.  I felt terrible for poor Drew who had to sit and listen to me.  It was definitely my worst nightmare come to life!

I don't know if it was flu bug that I had, or just a bad case of morning sickness, but I've been feeling better.  Let the countdown to Christmas begin!

No comments: