Saturday, December 3, 2011

December Already?

I seriously can't believe that it's December already.  Where has the year gone?  We all say that every year, don't we?

I picked Rachel up from school on Thursday and she spent the night so we could do some baby stuff.  It was really nice to be able to have someone to hang out with.  Drew has been working INSANE hours.  He went into work at 6 PM on Tuesday night and didn't get home until about 2:30 AM Thursday morning.  Yep, that's about 32 hours!  I'm slightly lonely.  So, I was really thankful that Rachel came to keep me company.

We went to BRU and a local furniture store to look at chairs for the nursery.  We found one we liked and I took Drew there today to order it.  Yes, he liked it too. 

After we grabbed some dinner, we came home and just spent time hanging out and watching tv.  Rachel spent most of the evening trying to feel the baby move.  She wasn't as active as she usually is at night.  However, Leo enjoyed snuggling with us.
He has enjoyed snuggling on my belly sometimes.  It's weird for him because he's really not a snuggler.

Like I said earlier, Drew and I went and ordered the chair for the nursery today.  I also ordered the crib bedding.  As soon as that arrives, we'll pick out paint colors and get started on the nursery.  I am dying to get this little girl's room set up.

Remember the dilemma we had with the crib, where they were out of stock?  Well, now we have the same problem with the dresser.  We didn't order the dresser when we ordered the crib because we knew that we weren't going to be setting up the room right away and I didn't want all of the furniture taking up space in my house.  Plus, they assured us that the dresser would be available when we were ready to order.  Figures, right?  So, now we're just patiently waiting and hoping that the dresser becomes available soon.  Hopefully we won't have to wait too long.

No comments: