Wednesday, November 9, 2011

20 Weeks: Half Baked

Hello halfway point, it's so good to see you!  I seriously feel like I've been pregnant f-o-r-e-v-e-r!  In the beginning, when I was in a constant state of nausea, each day was miserable to get through.  The days and weeks drug on and I felt like I would never make it out of the first trimester and into the promised land, aka, second trimester.  However, the second trimester came and things started to become easier and the days started passing quicker. 


Now, the weeks are passing much quicker and I'm starting to feel slightly anxious about getting things done.  I know that we still have plenty of time, so I'm not freaking out quite yet.

I have been feeling so much movement lately.  It's crazy!  Baby particularly enjoys using my bladder as a bouncy house.  I haven't really noticed any pattern to the movements, but I do have a tendency to feel the baby more right after I eat.

Speaking of eating, that's getting old.  I eat all. the. time.  Some days it's ok and I don't mind it.  Other days?  It's a chore and I hate it.  I feel like I run out of things in my house to eat.  I feel like I'm running out of variety and I get sick of eating the same thing over and over.  I know that I still have a lot of time ahead of me where I'm going to feel ravenous constantly, especially if I breastfeed (which I plan on doing), but I'm kind of over it.  Such a bad problem to have, right?  I'm a little concerned about how I'm going to fare when we drive down to Georgia for Thanksgiving.  I've already started thinking about what food I'm going to pack.

I'm happy to report that I've been gaining weight and I'm up six pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight.  Honestly, I think it's all in my boobs! :)

I feel like my bump is starting to look more bump-ish and less chub-ish.  I'm still waiting to "pop" though.  I do notice the bump that I do have though.  It's getting increasingly more difficult to move around.  I always laugh as I struggle to get up because I'm hardly big by any means.  I can only imagine what it'll be like when I actually am big!  I'm sure that will be a funny sight and Drew will have many laughs.

Actually, Drew has been very good to me!  He helps me get up whenever he's around and he will occasionally rub my back.  And he deals with my mood swings in great strides.  I haven't been too bad, and have only snapped a couple of times, but he totally understands when I do and just leaves me alone.

We find out the sex next week, and it cannot come soon enough!  I am so anxious to see the baby again and I'm really excited to find out if Drew and I will be welcoming a son or a daughter.  I just hope that the baby cooperates!

No comments: