Saturday, February 5, 2011

I Get By. . .

. . . With a little help from my friends.

I walked out to the mailbox earlier this afternoon to put a birthday card in there for my brother-in-law.  When I opened the door, I saw something in there and my first thought was, "Oh damn, the mail's already come".

As I pulled out the contents, I quickly realized that it wasn't a typical package.  Wanna see what it was?
Conversation hearts!!!  Yes, I even squealed a little bit.  When I got inside, I opened up the card to find out who had left such a sweet gift, even though I already had an inkling.  I was right by my guess, but I wasn't prepared for what was inside.  My friend, Khristy, had also gotten me a gift card to Lundgren's Camera that was totally unnecessary.

I cried.  Big, fat, happy tears.  I showed Drew and asked him if he knew anything about this.  He did.  Surprisingly, he was able to keep that secret!  I started to cry and he was worried that I was sad.  I told him that they were happy tears because I don't think I've ever had a friend do something so sweet for me.

I am so blessed that Khristy came into my life.  She is the wife of one of Drew's coworkers.  I always joke that Donny is Drew's boyfriend, because of how they act around each other.  They went to A&P school together, so they spent A LOT of time together, and now they work together.  I love how we have so many couple friends that we can hang out with.

"A faithful friend is a sturdy shelter; he who finds one finds a treasure." - Sirach 6:14

2 comments:

Angela said...

I'm so sorry that you have to go through this :( We have been unsuccessfully trying to conceive for a while now too. Sending lots of prayers and hugs your way.

Tania said...

Thank you! I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers too!