Friday, February 18, 2011

Chocoholic Frolic 2011

Last night was the annual Chocoholic Frolic at the Clock Tower Resort.  My aunt, my mom, and I all had such a great time last year, that we immediately knew we had to go this year.  We also added a few more people to our group.
In the back is Erin, my aunt Lori, my cousin's girlfriend Sheena, and my mom.  My sister and I are in the front. 

The doors opened at 6:30 PM and everybody poured into the room.  They made a smart decision, and decided to put the chocolate fountain in the middle of the room this year.  I made a beeline to that and immediately grabbed a marshmallow and strawberry to dip in the chocolate.  YUM!!
 There were these cute little signs on all the tables.  I only got a shot of this one though.  I think that it's cute that they have all the chocolate sayings on them.  I do wish that they would have had more garbages set out.  At almost every station, the chocolate was handed out on some paper or a plastic cup, and there was nowhere to throw the garbage.  I spent more time hunting down a garbage can so I could throw away my trash and have a free hand than eating the chocolate.
This is a chocolate hazelnut martini.  It was just ok to me.  Everybody else loved it, but I wasn't too crazy about the hazelnut flavor.
There were so many different kinds of chocolate.  Unfortunately, I was still feeling kind of crappy, so I wasn't able to enjoy it nearly as much as I would have liked to.  I did have a few favorites though.  I enjoyed the Poor Man's Turtles, Triple Chocolate Parfait, and Chocolate Marble Cake.

I already can't wait for next year!

No comments: