Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Important PSA



I feel like infertility is such a taboo subject. Infertility affects more than 7.3 million people! And the only reason that I can be so open about it and talk about it so much on my blog is because I have actually been diagnosed with a condition that causes infertility. For many women, and men, it's something that isn't discovered until after months of trying to conceive.

It is such a hard journey. Drew and I have gone into this knowing that it isn't going to easy, knowing that there will be many challenges, knowing that God will bless us when it's time. Words can't even describe how hard it is.

I have tried to be very open about it. If I'm having a hard day, I want people to know, and become educated, on just how hard this is. Drew and I are so anxious to become parents. And I want everybody else to be anxious for us too. Since we both know that this is something that will be challenging, it will make the reward, a healthy, full term pregnancy, even better. We want everybody to be able to rejoice in God's blessing when we announce that we're finally pregnant.

It's so important to become educated on infertility. It is too easy to say the wrong thing to someone who is struggling with infertility. And while that person may act like everything is fine on the exterior, inside they're dying.

If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment or send me an email. And say a prayer for all of those who are struggling to get pregnant.

2 comments:

Adori Graphics said...

We found out after 2 years of trying - it came as a complete shock. I agree with it seeming like a taboo subject. Sometimes I just need to talk about it with somebody but they always end up looking embarassed so I give up and just shut up! Not that I'd wish it on anybody, but sometimes I just wish I knew somebody who did understand and would listen without getting embarrassed.

Tania said...

I totally agree with you. I feel as if people say that they understand, but they don't really. And the comments that people who don't get it make are the absolute worst!