Sunday, April 25, 2010

Another Girly Weekend

I had an unbelievably awesome weekend. Friday night, Drew and I went out to dinner with our friends, Donny and Khristy. They brought two of their kids. Jett is 2 1/2 and Dex is only a little over a week. And Khristy looked fabulous for just giving birth! We ate dinner at Chili's and then went to Menard's to do a little home shopping. We were going to get some of the supplies that we need to DIY a mirror project that we're going to do, but then we remembered that there is no way that a sheet of plywood would fit in Snowball (my Cavalier).

Saturday started out uber boring with me cleaning the house while Drew worked. I loathe cleaning! Absolutely loathe it. But, the end project is so, so worth it. I vowed that I would never let my bathroom get as dirty as it was again.

My sister came over and after I finished getting ready, we headed out to meet our mom and our aunt for dinner. We met at Backyard Bar and Grill.

After dinner, we decided that we weren't ready to be done with our little girl's night, so we headed to Burlington Coat Factory to do some shopping.


We couldn't pass up the opportunity to make fun of the hats! I ended up purchasing a really cute lime green strapless dress to wear to Angela's rehearsal dinner.
After shopping, Rachel and I decided to drop by Josh and Angie's house. I haven't seen them in ages!! I know, I know, it's not good manners to just drop by unannounced, butit was such a fun surprise. And they were really happy that we did.
Josh just had to show me his brand new purchase!
He drove by a garage sale and just had to snag it. He says it was the best $15 of his life! And I have to agree. That grill is simply awesome.
Today, my sister and I practiced our shopping skills. I picked up a bunch of cute things. I'm sure you'll see pictures soon.
I told my sister that I would make lasagna tonight for dinner. Except that I've never made lasagna. And Drew was going to come home tonight to eat and bring his coworkers. The pressure was on. And, if I may brag, I made an amazing lasagna! I couldn't believe how good it was. And it was very easy too. Just sorta time consuming. Everybody else loved it too. Drew's coworkers volunteered me to make dinner every Sunday night. We'll see about that one!

No comments: