Saturday, May 1, 2010

Our New Toy

Drew and I bought a new toy today. A Nikon D5000.
Isn't she a beaut??

Drew has been moved to second shift at his new job, so that leaves me alone at night. And, to be honest, I'm bored. I have been wanting to buy an SLR and take some photography classes for a while now. Drew being gone all night has been the final push. I need a hobby.

The camera came with the standard 18-55mm lens. We also bought the 55-200mm lens. Based on recommendations, and research, these are the only two lenses that I will need right now to take the pictures that I'm looking to take.

I am also already signed up to take an SLR Photography Basics class. There is also a D5000 class that is offered the week after that I am planning on taking. This month, the camera store where we bought the camera is also offering a class on Outdoor Portrait lighting. Depending on how I like the first two classes, I may take that one too.

So, be on the lookout for some (hopefully) better looking pictures on here!

No comments: