Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Pumpkin Patch

Nothing screams fall more than trips to the Pumpkin Patch and Apple Orchard.  Today, we all went to the Pumpkin Patch.  Annelise had an absolute blast, Harrison was mainly along for the ride, and Drew and I love seeing the joy on Annelise's face.

The first thing that we did was get a wrist band so that Annelise could ride the ponies and jump on the inflatables.
After watching her ride, I'm fairly certain that she could ride by herself without us next to her.  I just can't get over how fast she's growing up.

After the pony ride, we took the obligatory family picture in front of the pumpkin.
Annelise spotted the inflatables, so we made our way over to them so she could slide and bounce for a little bit.  Harrison and I hung out while Drew stuck close to Annelise.
Drew and I were starting to get hungry, so we sweet talked Annelise into getting out of the bounce house and going and getting some lunch.  After lunch, we took Annelise to look at the animals.  She got a kick out of the ducks, and one of them kept quacking at her.

Then, we picked out our pumpkins.  We decided not to go pick our own this year since it was so windy.  If I would have been able to leave Harrison in the stroller and out of the wind, we would have gone, but I didn't want to make him miserable.
Annelise asked to have a cookie while we were paying for the pumpkins.  I agreed since she had been so good.  We put her in the wagon to ride out to the car.  Once we got out there, Drew looked at me and asked if she had opened the cookie all by herself.  Uh, duh!  I love being able to experience all these firsts again with Harrison.  But, I also know that next year will be even more fun when he's older and able to enjoy them more.

No comments: