Thursday, July 4, 2013

4th Of July Party

Today, we drove to Eric's parent's house in a small town that's a little over an hour from us for Wesley's birthday party.  We left around 11 so that Annelise would fall asleep and nap on the way there.  We were about 10 minutes away from the house when I realized that I forgot my camera.  We turned back around to go get it, and figured that, at the very least, it bought us an extra half hour of nap time.  I had hoped that I could put Annelise in the pack and play that Wes sleeps in with her sound machine and that she would nap longer, but she woke up as soon as I started taking her out of her carseat.  Usually, she'll fall right back to sleep once I put her in her crib, but this time everything was unfamiliar and she just wasn't having it.  She cried as soon as I laid her down.  I tried to rock her for a little bit, but she was awake.  I just prayed that she would be in a semi-decent mood for the rest of the day.

Jess did a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme for Wes' party and she had some amazing decorations.
This was the dessert table and the centerpieces.  Cute, right?
I bought this cute pillowcase dress at an antique store a couple of months ago.  It's really long on her right now, but I'm excited that she'll be able to wear it for a couple of years before she outgrows it.
Ahhhh, these two!  Melt my heart!  I can't wait to watch them grow up.
The kids seriously swarmed the cotton candy machine.  Jess walked out and said that you would have thought they were handing out $100 bills with how excited everyone was.  I'm sure that there would have been some more excited adults if they were handing out $100 bills!
Annelise tried some, against my better judgement, but she didn't really like it.  That was just fine with me!
Seriously though, I love that sweet face more than words can describe.
We decided not to stay with everyone to watch the fireworks and headed home.  I knew that Annelise wouldn't last too late given her crappy nap.  Drew was a little bummed that we weren't able to go to the fireworks.  I'm hoping that next year we can plan to take her.

No comments: