Saturday, August 11, 2012

Boone County Fair

Drew was so upset with me last year because we didn't go to a single county fair.  I was just beginning my pregnancy and morning all day sickness was plaguing me something fierce.  I had absolutely no desire to walk about and smell all of the smells and watch all of the people eat fair food.  No thank you!

I promised him that we would make up for it this year, and we sure did!

We went to the Boone County Fair today.  Drew's parents and my brother, Greg, also came with us.  The first thing we did when we got there was make a beeline for some food.  I mean, how do you go the fair and not get fair food?  I had a pork chop sandwich and everybody else had other stuff.  I'm not too sure what, I was too involved in my sandwich!

After we finished eating, Annelise was starting to get a little fussy in her stroller, so I decided to test out the Moby wrap.  I've put her in it a few times quickly at home, but never while we were out somewhere.  I figured it was worth a try to see how she did.
She loved it!!  She did so great in it and I was so surprised.  I really enjoyed having her close to me without having all that strain on my arms of holding her.  Once she started getting fussy and tired, I bounced her a little bit and she napped right on me!  She slept for an hour or two while we walked around and looked at everything.

She woke up hungry, so we all sat on some benches and I nursed her.  I decided that I was going to nurse her without my cover.  It's not fair to her to make her nurse underneath that cover when it's warm out.  It actually felt very empowering to nurse in public like that.  I feel like I'm doing my part to normalize something that is so natural.
We all sat around and rested for a little bit longer before deciding to get a few fair treats.  You know, you can't NOT get an elephant ear or kettle corn.  After that, we all left.

The Winnebago County Fair is next weekend and I'm looking forward to going to that.  Annelise did so well in the Moby that I think we might purchase an Ergo this week to try out.

No comments: