Thursday, February 2, 2012

32 Weeks: Growth Scan

Today, we had a growth scan at my doctor's appointment.  The little lady has been head down for every ultrasound, and yesterday, I know she was head down because I felt her have hiccups four times and each time I felt them down low.  But, wouldn't you know, she has decided to flip and is now breeched.  Oh joy! I'm not too worried about it at this point because I know that she still has quite a bit of time to flip back around.

The ultrasound tech took some measurements, and let us know that she is about 3 pounds 15 ounces.  I know to take this number as a grain of salt, because it's usually wrong.  She is in the 37th percentile right now.

The tech tried to take some 3D pictures since we didn't really get any good ones a couple of weeks ago, but again, we have a stubborn little lady on our hands.  She had her arms and legs in front of her face the whole time.  She's obviously camera shy!

After the ultrasound, Drew and I met with the doctor.  We talked about a c-section since she is breeched.  Basically, I have another ultrasound at 36 weeks to see if she has flipped, and also one at 38 weeks.  If she remains breech, I'll have a c-section on March 19th.  If she turns, my doctor will check me at my 38 week appointment, and if I am dilated at all, he will induce me.  If I am not dilated, he will let me go and check me again when he gets back from vacation.

It makes it very real to have a potential end date.  I know that she can still come any time between now and then, but it's still very surreal to have a possible birthday for this little lady.

At our childbirth class tonight, we got a tour of the labor and delivery floor at the hospital that we'll be delivering at.  The rooms are pretty big and have recently been remodeled.  I am very happy with the security that they have in place on the floor.  I feel like delivering there will be a positive experience.  Crossing my fingers that I get great nurses!

I ordered her baby book on Monday, and it arrived this afternoon.  I'm very happy with it!  I'll do a separate post on that soon.  I also ordered a quote for her nursery to put on the wall, but I'm still waiting on that.

Drew keeps telling me that he wants to put the bedding on her crib.  It's so cute how excited he is for that.  I have my first shower in about two weeks, so I'll probably wash the bedding after that.  Her room is slowly coming together and I hope to have it finished within the next few weeks.

Still basically feeling the same.  It's hard to move around and she always feels like she's trying to kick her way out of my belly.  I'm sure she's starting to run out of space in there!

No comments: