Saturday, April 11, 2009

My First Baseball Game

This weekend, Drew and I went to Milwaukee for the Cubs/Brewers games. I've been to Miller Park before, but that was when I was a sophomore in high school, so it's been a lot of years. Plus, if you could have negative interest in baseball, that's what I had. But, here's the beautiful Miller Park.
The only reason I agreed to actually go to the games this weekend is because Miller Park is a closed stadium. We got to Milwaukee about 4:30 and started tailgating.
Yeah, I was cold, but what's new! It was my first time tailgating and it was definitely an experience. The game started at 6:05, so we headed inside about 5:30. We got to our seats just in time for the National Anthem.

Four of us couples went. You'll recognize Adam and Nicole from the wedding. Also in our group were Josh and Heidi, the work with Drew and Adam, and Chris and Jen.


Aren't we cute? Go Cubs!!

CUBS WIN!!!!!!!

Cubs won 6-5. The Brewers fans were not so happy with that! I have never been to a sporting event like this, so I had no idea what to expect. But I definitely didn't expect people to come up to us and be so in our face. They would walk up to us and start shouting and cussing and flipping us off. C'mon!!! How old are we? It's a freaking game people!!! I always tell Drew when he's playing poker that there always has to be a loser. This time it was the Brewers. Too bad! After the game, we headed to the Ambassador Hotel.

During our time together, I've learned a couple of things that I just can't leave up to Drew to do. I first learned that he can't be in charge of buying gifts for a baby shower. Then, I learned that he can't be in charge of buying gifts in general. Now, I've learned that he can't be put in charge of picking a hotel. He picked the Ambassador Hotel because it was close to the park and it's a 5 star hotel. According to Drew, that means it was a sure bet. Wrong!!!!

Yes, the hotel was close to the park, and yes it was nice. Nice also translates to snotty. We got checked in and then decided to come back outside and fire up the grill and warm up the stuff that we had left over from tailgating and the general manager came out and told us quite rudely that we couldn't be grilling. Luckily, we had other couples with us or I would have told him another thing about us grilling. I just paid that jack-bag $140 to stay in their hotel for one damn night, and if I want to grill some food, I'm gonna do it. Lucky for him I'm non-confrontational.

But, the rooms were pretty nice.
Can I just say how much I am in love with that black tile? Oh so gorgeous!!

The other couples hung out in the hotel bar for a while. Drew and I came upstairs relatively early (like midnight) and got ready for bed. Adam and Nicole came up not to long afterwards. I fell asleep rather quickly, but everybody else stayed up for a while.

No comments: