Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Sickness Central

Our home has been hit hard with sickness!  Annelise came down with her first stomach bug last Wednesday.  We were getting up and going to get ready for gymnastics class.  I asked her to go out to the kitchen to throw Harrison's diaper away and I hear her cough and small splash.  I figured that wasn't good, so I went to go see what happened.  She had thrown up.  I immediately grabbed a bowl to finish catching it.  I cleaned her up, and took her to the couch to lay down.  Shortly after that, she threw up again.  At first, I thought that her getting sick might have just been a one time thing, but after the second time, I knew that she was sick!  Poor girl was miserable!  She spent the morning throwing up and resting on the couch, nodding in and out of sleep.
She fell asleep for her "nap" and slept for 2-3 hours on the couch.  She woke up right as Drew was getting home from class.  She immediately asked for something to eat, ate a banana, drank some water, and started to run and bounce around like she had never even been sick at all.  I couldn't believe it!

Then, Friday came, and the flu bug hit me!  I woke up nauseous and fought for a while to work my way through it.  I had signed Annelise up for a Kindermusik class and was really excited to take her.  I knew I wasn't going to make it, so I asked Rachel to take her.  I started throwing up shortly after they left.  Thankfully, Harrison napped for majority of the time they were gone.  Once Rachel and Annelise got home, Rachel took care of the kids until Drew got home a little after noon.  I was a mess until about 4.  I was so cold!  I don't think that I have ever been so chilled when I've been sick.  My nose was like ice.  It was so weird.  Once I was able to stop throwing up, I felt much better.  I was so upset that I got sick when I did because I had made plans to go out with a friend.  Inevitably, that's when sickness always hits, right?

Yesterday, Annelise came down with a nasty cold.  She started showing some signs of it Sunday night, and come yesterday morning, it was full blown and awful.  But, a cold doesn't stop her from running around and being rambunctious.  She's feeling a little better today, but still not 100%.

Drew is dealing with the sickness today!  Have I mentioned how much I hate winter?!?!  Is it summer yet?

No comments: